Jul 20 2005
Well, damn, I'm not a total slacker after all.
I got a call from a comapny I interviewed with last week. Seems they want to hire me. It seems a fine position; one that I am looking forward to working. There are a few downsides, but they are inconsequential.
- An hour drive.
- Large company (over 1200 in the location, and multiple locations).
- Some learning required (Oracle, Sybase).
- Large company (They have a corporate structure than can be scaled, unlke HH where I was effectively already at the top).
- Learning (Oracle! Yay!).
- Working in PHP (I love PHP and get this—Perl too!).
- Paid vacations, Sick Leave, Insurance, 401(k) and all the bennys you’d expect from a corporation.
Best of all they not only matched my salary requirements, they surpassed them. Nice. I had a feeling during the interview that there might be a place for me there. The guys I interviewed with were friendly and seemed to be on the same wavelength.
I should be starting next week sometime. Not sure when, there are background checks and references to call, but there is no reason that I can’t expect to start by Tuesday or Wedensday.