I have this idea that is similar to the original Browncoat fan site. They'd award points for doing activities. I wonder if that idea could be revived. The model I was thinking was the "Cheddar Knights Academy" concept the folks over at Darths and Droids are doing.
Here is a suggested set of rules (based heavily on the D&D rules):
- Browncoats must be registered on the "browncoat forum (whever this is hosted)" to join the Independant Army.
- Challenges are worth points as described on each task.
- All challenges will remain open until (some date TBD).
- One new challenge will be posted each Monday.
- Browncoats, of course, must wear their brown coat* during all challenges.
- Points are awarded at the discretion of the Independant Army Command upon receipt of evidence of challenge completion. The Independant Army Command are calling the shots so their decisions are above reproach.
- The Independant Army Command may award bonus "style" points at their discretion for challenges completed in particularly Browncoat-y ways. Browncoats are strongly encouraged to try to gain style points!
- Browncoats may re-attempt challenges to improve their scores if they desire. New points will replace the previously scored points, not add to them.
- Browncoats do not engage in rules lawyering. Browncoats, in fact, HATE lawyers as they are the essence of Alliance meddlin'. However, Browncoatsdo respect order so try to adhere to the spirit of competiton without resulting to flaming, name-callin, cheatin' or killin' each other. Do the neighborly thing.
* A Browncoat, A Cunnin' Hat, a Hawaiian Shirt, A pair of suspenders with "bits" added, A Jumpsuit (with or without flowers painted on it), a Gentlemanly Vest, a neck-string and firearm (or replica firearm), or a Frilly Skirt and Combat Boots.
Some sample tasks (in no particular order):
- Acquire ONE of a Browncoat, A Cunnin' Hat, a Hawaiian Shirt, A Pair of Suspenders with "bits" added, A Jumpsuit (with or without flowers painted on it), a Gentlemanly Vest, a neck-string and firearm (or replica firearm), or a Frilly Skirt and Combat Boots. This is your "brown coat" and will be required for each of your tasks. Passing this first task establishes your "brown coat" for all of your challenges.
- Assemble a "Browncoat-y outfit" suitable for a shindig or fer watchin' Firefly or Serenity in.
- Write an essay about Firefly or Serenity.
- Do some good works - Donate at least $10 to a charity.
- Watch the BDM with someone who hasn't seen it before.
- Obtain a loaner set of Firefly and loan it out.
- Have a letter, essay, or voicemail about Firefly/Serenity read or discussed on apodcast.
- Appear or help with a fan-produced media production (podcast, movie, series)
- Help with organizing/setting up/running/cleaning up after a Browncoat-themed event (Fan-track at a con, shindig, CSTS Showing)
- Show a video of your home world in the 'Verse
- Show a video of your ship and her crew (And if it's a solo ship, that's ok) - All Browncoats from the same crew will get the same points.
- Visit a Browncoat Themed Event.